Monday, May 30, 2011

Almost half way???

Holy $%^#...we are almost half way through this challenge! This is the start of week 6. I'd like to be able to say that time flies when your having fun but its more like time flies when you procrastinate! I have been thinking a lot about this challenge lately and how it seems I have not been taking it seriously or that I am not as focused as I was originally and not anywhere near as focused as I was when I was doing the Mooser competition. My friend Lisa, who is doing the challenge with me has been in the same boat. We dont seem to have any will power...where the hell does it go?? vacation? And every bad choice has a justification...where the hell did that come from? REALLY?? I feel like my body wants to keep going and improving but my head needs a kick in the ass (is that possible?)...my attitude and motivation have regressed into old thoughts and habits. SSSOOOOO, what is it gonna take to get through the next half of this challenge??! I wish I freakin' knew...Because right now I feel like I have nothing to show for the last 5 weeks.
I was looking at my goals I had when I started this challenge...they were not very detailed but they were solid goals and I dont know that I can achieve them given the slacking off I have been doing recently. So, heres what I am going to do...Lisa inspired me to re-evaluate things and add some things to my goals. I am thinking that my goals have only been for the end results and I need something a bit more immediate, so I am going to set weekly goals and then keep the ones for the end but maybe add to them.
Week 6:
*Off week for bootcamp so I need some alternatives. I am setting a goal of running 10 miles between now and Saturday. I have been runnig off and on...dont care for it a whole lot but Ben recently posted a blog about getting through a plateau (very good post @ benwarstler.com) and adding more straight cardio was one strategy.
*I think that food wise...again my weakness...I need to be better than 90% compliant because knowing about those cheats messes with ym head. So I get one cheat this week and the rest is supportive. I think I will take some snack and meal ideas from warp speed. I will also use fitday.com to track food.
*WATER: I have got to drink more water so I will be drinking half my body weight in ounces...dont convert your weight to ounces and then take half...yeah I did that at first and was like "uuhhh my eyeballs would be floatin"
*Another strategy from Ben's post was to work out at a different time of day. I will try to get up earlier and do something but I already get up at 515. But it would mean that I could get 2 workouts in a day, before school and after.
I think that these goals are reasonable and attainable and will make a difference if I can stick to them. Its not coming up with the goals, its actually following through with them that I need to work on.
OK...this is Jule signing off...live long and prosper...yup I just Star Treked you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment