Saturday, May 14, 2011

Yup...still here

So its been a few days but I have been working hard...just been busy. Its hard to find even 10 minutes to post. This wraps up week 3...feels like it has been longer. I exercised Sunday through Thursday...took Friday off and did Bootcamp this morning.
When I walked into Bootcamp I almost walked right back out...15:15 Tabata was on the board. Now for those of you who are not sure what that is, allow me to explain. The 15:15 stands for 15 seconds of work and 15 seconds of rest...alternating between 2 exercises for...50 yes I said 50 rounds. And what were the 2 exercises you ask?? Well it wouldn't be Tabata without burpees, lateral jump burpees to be exact. The other was Goblet kneel to stand...this wonderful exercise is where you hold a weight right under your chin and kneel down then stand back up as quickly as possible. I'll give you a minute to think about those two exercises...rotating between them in a 15:15 format for 50 rounds........................................................................................................got it?
Yeah, I was not exactly happy to see that when I walked in. Mary was teaching and knew from the look on my face that I was not happy. She was very supportive though. Which brings me to my main subject of this blog...support.
This workout is one I dislike because it is VERY hard for me and like most people, we dislike things we cant do or suck at. Well this is one of those things for me. Burpees I can handle but the kneel to stands are something I constantly struggle with. I'm not sure if its my knees or what but I have a very hard time with them and I so envy those who can do them easily.
As I was doing these in class this morning I must have had my disgust and frustration all over my face because Mary picked up on it...she told me to have positive thoughts while I was working out and that bad thoughts can affect your workout.
I took it to heart and started thinking more positively and low and behold, the workout started going better. And it also helped that everyone in class was encouraging each other because 15:15 is such a tough workout. We were all struggling towards the end but shouted out to one another and it was just an awesome sense of support and community. It made all the difference in the world and I feel blessed to have such wonderful people to workout with.
Supoort, support, support...dont have it??? GET IT!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't believe you would have actually left. You are too strong for that. I hate kneel to stands because I can't do them without using my hands to get up. So, many kudos to you! That is one workout I wouldn't wish on anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kneel to stands SUCK.. add weight and they suck even more!! Good for you for sticking it out though.. 15:15 is wicked tough! I'm not a big fan of kneel to stands or step-ups so on those I just find myself gritting my teeth to get through them and counting down the seconds until we switch. Definitely positive thinking will help.. and so does the support!! :) You know you've got lots! :) :)

    ReplyDelete